Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to add ACF custom field to CRED post form?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

DEL

I am trying to create post form with CRED using Types (Several fields and taxonomies )and ACF (Gallery field). I can insert basic and Types fields but can't add my ACF gallery field to CRED post form. Is any way to add ACF field without Type Control, this field type can't assigned to types post fields type. This field work as bulk images upload.

CRED Supports control over any other Custom Field.
You can read here more about it:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

Please acknowledge that:
1. Any Field that is not a simple field such as single line, but array or any other complex structure, can be broken after passing it either to Types or CRED Control.

This is a problem of how the 3rd party Plugins code their fields.
We do not have control over any other complex data structure but ours.
If the Fields are not simple syntax fields they most likely will not work as expected.

2. ACF presents several issues with Toolset, mainly because ACF added different features to their Fields, at the time when WordPress did not support those features.
Due to that AC was forced to use Custom Database Tables at some times, and has not yet switched in certain situations to the newly added WordPress supported Database Structure.

Toolset follows only WordPress native Structures and can not read custom Database tables.
https://toolset.com/home/compatibility-toolset-plugins-themes/

I am quite sure, you will be able to add the ACF Fields to the CRED Scaffold as long those are not store in any other table then postmeta, and, as long they are not of any specific data structure, they will also work

DEL

Thx for your answer, Beda.
In CRED Post forms - Manage Other Custom Meta Fields with CRED - only 2 fields

_jetpack_related_posts_cache
_vc_post_settings

In my message i say what field is gallery (bulk images upload) this is not single line. If i can't use more powerfull custom fields, how i can provide this feature to my users? Can CRED solve this issue or i need search another or develop own frontend publishing platform?

As I elaborated, if the plugin ACF stores that field in a non-default WordPress Database table (which HAS to be the postmeta or usermeta table for fields) then CRED can not access it.
There is no way for us to solve this.

Please acknowledge that radios fields, select fields, checkboxes fields, date fields, etc, have specific formats in different plugins.

So anything that is NOT a string or a number will probably be broken after bringing those fields under Types or CRED Control.

This is not Toolset's fault.
It's also not ACF's or WordPress's fault. It's how this works. It's a mix of possibilities in PHP and WordPress that produces these limitations.

To confirm this is the problem, I would suggest you send me a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide to me the information securely.

Then, I will analyse the Field and the Database and tell you if above is true or not.

Please add an exact description of the Field's name, where I can edit it and where you use it.

With CRED, Views and Types you can build nice galleries.
As an example, you can use Custom Post Types and add your images there, and then use the Views pagination to create a Slider.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/
Or you can use the FlexSlider Module to create an even nicer Slider / Gallery.
After you install the Module Manager you would see that in the available native Modules:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-module-manager/

The topic ‘[Closed] How to add ACF custom field to CRED post form?’ is closed to new replies.