Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how i do edit link post

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ayoub-aliq 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
362547.jpg

Although I created a form post and template when I try to add an edit link this message appears
is there any problem?

You have applied this method however the message appears
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Your screenshot is cut off, I can't see the complete message or the context.

You created an edit post form.

You inserted that edit form into a content template?

You are using the Toolset Forms button to insert a link to edit posts using that form (in the template for displaying those posts, or a View outputting such posts)?

I can't tell which part you are stuck on.

Also, it might be helpful to see your debug info: hidden link

i have taken the following steps:
1- create new form > Edit current content then choose TYPE POST='ODINIONSFORMS'
2- create new template > insert visual editor > toolset form > insert edit form then choose format is used 'ODINIONSFORMS'
3- in views > view'ODINIONSFORMS' > toolset form > edit link post.

Nigel
Supporter

It sounds like you are doing the right steps (if using Layouts) but I still don't know what the full message is from your cropped screenshot, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Can I look at your site myself?

Let me mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

It seems that the problem is that when you inserted your edit form into a Layout, which acts as a container for the form, you inserted the form in a Visual Editor cell, but should use the Forms cell to insert the form. That's why the Layout isn't recognised when trying to insert the edit link.

My colleague Mohammed looked at your site and created a new unassigned Layout with the edit post form inserted using the Forms cell to demonstrate that it works.

One comment I would make is that I see you are using Elementor, with Elementor templates. In that case, I wouldn't recommend using Layouts on the site at all, unless you are an existing user experienced with Layouts, but your account looks new, and I would suggest you de-activate Layouts. In that case you would need to insert your edit form into a Toolset Content Template, which you would then choose when inserting the edit link.

Thanks Nigel for the wonderful support

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.