Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how do we cache this toolset view?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonG-7 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
cache views like this hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?
we thought we had the settings correct hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

to view site enter:
flywheel
two-acorns

Hello, the way caching works in the Views pagination settings is each page of the View is cached. So if you turn on caching, page 1 will be cached. When you navigate to page 2 of results, page 2 will be cached. If you navigate back to page 1, page 1 cache will be used and there won't be an AJAX call to update page 1.

That seems to be happening now, the View's results are cached per View page while you are visiting the site.

Caching in this case does not mean that subsequent page reloads in the browser will be cached. The cache only works for one page load in the browser.

If you're referring to another type of caching, please provide more details and I'll be glad to give you more feedback.

Hi Christian,

Thx for your response.

We want to speed up the page for all visitors so if there's no change to the content then multiple visitors/sessions would load a cached version without querying the db for all those posts for each session.

Hope I'm explaining clearly.

Okay yes I understand what you want to achieve. Unfortunately there is nothing built-in to Toolset that will create this type of caching on the front-end. Any View pagination will trigger an AJAX request, which will bypass Views caching and other caching plugins as well. You can speed up the initial page load time by utilizing a caching plugin that generates a static HTML page, but then AJAX requests to load additional View pages will bypass that cache. I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have questions about that.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.