Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do I change the input text color of all fields in a form?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am having an issue with the input text color of fields in a form; they have a white background and white input text.

Solution:

To change the color of the text input box in a form, use the following CSS code:

form[id*="cred_form"] input[type="text"] {
    border: 1px solid #8dc140;
    color: #404040;
}

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kim Singleton 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do.

I am trying to change the input text color of fields in a form. For some reason, the form has a white background and white input text.

This is the custom CSS that I added to the form.

input[type="text"] {
border: 1px solid #8dc140
color: #404040
}

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

The page that you gave the link to does not have any forms. Maybe I need to be logged in?

In general, to be able to change the color of the text input box in a form you can use the CSS code below:

form[id*="cred_form"] input[type="text"] {
    border: 1px solid #8dc140;
    color: #404040;
}

But if it does not work please get back to me with the login information in a private message to make sure I can see the form.

Thanks

That code worked perfectly!
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.