Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how do a set up a group of repeating fields

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by David 3 years, 9 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have three fields that I would like to group together and be able to repeat as a group with in a custom post type that includes many other fields.
caption
image source

Is there a way to do this?

Right now I have it set up as:

image1
caption1
image source1

image2
caption2
image source2

image3
caption3
image source3

But this makes the back in editor cluttered with fields, and it is a lot of fields to insert into the templates so I am hoping there is a way to some how group repeatable fields together within a Field Group. I am sorry, I am sure this is probably very easy, I just have not been able to figure out how to do this.

I am sorry! As soon as I submitted my answer I realized how easy this is to do. I imported all of my fields so I had not seen the button to create a repeating group of fields.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.