Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hierarchical front page filter in a View

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vane 11 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Dear Attila,

The first error is a harmless error. I have forward the issue to the developers and it will be fixed in next version

About your second issue, its hard to resolve because the field is not managed by Types. The reason for it being a serialized is clear though, there are several checkboxes that can be selected at the same time. So the plugin is using an array to store the selection and serializing to store in the database. Does it work if you add the filter control values manually?

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

when you write about 2nd issue, are you really thinking about the 2nd? I guess what you wrote to 2nd, it belongs to the 3rd.
So pls. make a response to 2nd also.

3) the custom field defined in the custom theme as "checkboxes" ( multiple select ), but wanted to display in filter control as a 'select'
I've just modified 'custom_field_ID_2's type in filter control to checkboxes, but the displayed info in frontend filter remained the same:
'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"bronz";}'
Later I added CF value 'bronz' manually, it displayed on filter control correctly but I can't check whether it filters correctly or not.
Thanks
Attila

Dear Attila,

2) Sorry I missed this one. I checked and your are right. I have forwarded the issue to the developers.

3) Does this happen also with new records? It looks like you have old values from the previous field type.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

we will not use TVC in this case since we have so many problems with it and the custom theme and we don't have so much time to debug and test.
Thanks,
A

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.