Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide / Display Submit button after all fields are selected

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Hide / Display Submit button after all filter fields are selected

Solution:
You need to add custom jQyery code to your view's filter section JS box.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/hide-display-submit-button-after-all-fields-are-selected/#post-1211891

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bryan 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Display Submit button ONLY after all fields have been selected.

this is working well where thee is a single relation ship field (thanks to help from toolset support Minesh) for a relationship for using this field in the views JS editor

$('select[name="wpv-relationship-filter"]').val() 

I am trying to achieve the same thing for a datepicker using this filter

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-date-available" url_param="tbk_date"] 

I tried using a selector as below but I was unable to narrow it down to the specific selector for toolsets date picker implementation for a field...something like..

$('select[name="wpcf-date-available"]').datepicker() ???? 

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/adding-custom-javascript-views/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link

this function is working well

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $('input[name="wpv_filter_submit"]').hide();      
});

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated', function( event, data ) {

if($('select[name="wpv-relationship-filter"]').val() == 0){

}else{
      $('input[name="wpv_filter_submit"]').show();
    }

}); 

What is the link to your site?
this is just a test site which simplifies the question
hidden link

and on
hidden link
I would like to be able to hide the submit button until both country and date have bene chosen

thanks in advance

..perhaps I am going about this all wrong.

The date is a field I will never store in a custom field but merely pass on as a query parameter to the next view. (it is used by a 3rd party plugin I am using which listens for ?tbk_date= which accepts almost any specific date formats but is only look for a date and not a unix timestamp)

I need to use a view (rather than a gravity form for example) as I need to select two things one of which is a types relationship.. the datepicker is merely getting the date to pass to the next page (which has the same filter and query loop)

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="country@country-tour-guide.parent" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Countries[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" ancestor_type="country@country-tour-guide.parent"]
</div>
[/wpv-control-post-relationship]
<div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]date available[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-date-available" url_param="tbk_date"]
</div>
[wpv-filter-submit output="bootstrap"][/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end] 

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - can you tell me exactly what you want to do and share few screenshots that will help me to understand what you are looking for.

As I understand - do you mean that you want to set the date field as per the selected date from the previous filter?

Hi Minesh

quite simple conceptually - but I have tried many ways to achieve it probably needlessly complicating it.

I simply want to select and date and country on one page and display the results on the next - while hiding the submit button on the first page until both a country and date are selected

key info is that the country list is a TYPES CPT and the DATE is just a desired search parameter which I pass on to the booking plugin by query parameter.

I made a short screencast

hidden link

...just showing what works with only (country) to select and what almost works with both country and date to select.

I have two problems here.

1. This Ticket -- I can hide the submit button (thanks to your earlier help) until a country is selected, but cannot figure out how to hide it pending both country and date selection (or even just the date)
2. The date(as a unix timestamp) gets passed ok with a query parameter but I need YMD format

I am not asking for help with number 2 in this ticket but I mention it as the solution to number 1 might affect it.

btw I am using two views one for search form and the other for results.... so I can pass a query parameter from one to the other.

hidden link

I can give any sort of access to the site if that is easier.

the (simplified sample ) views output from

[wpv-post-title]<br>
[types field="main-photo"][/types]<br>
[tb-calendar coworker='[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="ID"]' ]<br>
<hr>

the tb-calendar is as you would guess showing the calendar and it needs a query parameter to chose a day rather than displaying the whole month so ultimately I want to pass the selected date on as something like:

?wpv-relationship-filter=822&tbk_date=20190404 

rather than

?wpv-relationship-filter=822&tbk_date=1554336000&tbk_date-format=Y-m-d&wpv_filter_submit=Submit 

If you cannot view the screencast I will make some screenshots or if its easier I can provide access to the site - which is a simplified test of my final.

thanks again

ts-views - using gravity forms to simulate.png
ts-views - query paramter.png
ts-views - hide submit.png

I made a mock up using gravity forms of what I want to do:

I am trying to only use toolset on this site with no gravity forms, and as I want to use a toolset relationship field for countries views would be a better choice if I can get it to work.

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - can you please share access details so it will be easy for me to fix the submit button issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now:
=> hidden link

I've added following code to your view's JS box:

jQuery("input[name='tbk_date']").on('change keyup paste', function () {

var value = jQuery('input[name="tbk_date"]').val();
  console.log(value);
   if(value == '' || $('select[name="wpv-relationship-filter"]').val() == 0){
    }else{
    }
});

jQuery("select[name='wpv-relationship-filter']").on('change', function () {

if($('select[name="wpv-relationship-filter"]').val() == 0 || jQuery('input[name="tbk_date"]').val()==''){

}else{
    }
});

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated', function( event, data ) {
    /**
    * data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
    * data.view_changed_form (object) The jQuery object for the View form after being updated
    * data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_only (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-form-view] shortcode
    * data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_full (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-view] shortcode
    */
   //console.log($('select[name="wpv-relationship-filter"]').val());
   if($('select[name="wpv-relationship-filter"]').val() == 0 || jQuery('input[name="tbk_date"]').val()==''){

}else{
    }

});

The submit button will not be displayed until you select both filter entries.

Minesh

that's great - thank you I spent ages looking for the correct datepicker selector and it turns out just to be the input url_parm. .. I think I was lead astray by other forums entries.

this is very helpful because on the live site we will have hundreds or locations and thousands of guides - so this will significantly help performance

well done

and thank you once again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.