Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide Default Title in Post Relationship

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
err_or.png

I have Created One to Many Relationship between Obituaries and Services. So At the time of adding services it is taking "Title" in child Post. I don't want that.
How can i hide or remove from the Child Post?
PFA of Image.

It's not possible yet, what you can do is hide the entire Metabox only (the entire "Add/connect related posts" GUI)

I have however filed a internal report for this to be added with urgency as I see the immediate need for it.

I assigned myself to the ticket and will notify you on the progress.

Hi I still need help. If it is not possible to remove title then is it possible to change the text of "Title". Instead of "Title" I want to display "Service Type"

No, that value is hardcoded in Types.
It is a Post Field (not a Custom Field) and rendered with:

{% if field.type == 'post' %}
					<div class="js-wpt-field-item wpt-field">
						<label class="wpt-form-label wpt-form-textfield-label" for="types-new-post-type-title">{{ __( 'Title', 'wpcf' ) }}</label>
						<input class="wpt-form-textfield" id="types-new-post-type-title" name="wpcf[post][post-title]" value="" type="text" data-bind="value: newAssociationTitle, valueUpdate: 'keyup'">
					</div>
				{% endif %}

The title is hardcoded, but localized.
This means you could translate that value to other languages (and hence change it), but not change it's original.

What you try to achieve will be possible in future, I personally filed the request with urgency.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.