Skip Navigation

[Resolved] help

This support ticket is created 8 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidL-14 8 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Help with relationships.

All I'm looking to achieve is relationships between content types. Again, content types I have create using Types/Views, not built-in WordPress content types, my custom content types I created in types/views. Sorry for repeating that, but everyone is doing too much assuming.

Let's say I have two content types I created (projects & publications). If I add a project to a publication, the project will appear on the publication. But that publication should also appear on the project page, automatically. That's the type of bi-directional relationships/functionality I'm missing here.

It's really simple to do in Drupal, but I'm still not sure about Types/Views and I really want to use this because its pretty tight.

Is this possible?

Thx,
David

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

In order to display the parent information on the child post you will need to follow the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-fields-of-parent-pages/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check this out and circle back. So from my previous post, will this method add a project to a publication, project will appear on that specific publication, now that publication should also appear on the project page, automatically. Is that correct?

Thx,
David

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Yes that is correct.

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot.png

I see. I was looking at this parent/child relationship and see that I can only add one post relationship, not multiple post relationships, see attached image. Is that correct? Maybe I have multiple writers associated with one publication. How can I add that multiple relationship? Also, is there any way to have autcomplete fields?

Thx,
David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.