Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Help Creating a form

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by willM-4 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello,

1- Can you clarify why the form I created using the form builder in some instances have only the label and not the field?

hidden link

2- Ideally we want to create a form where users can submit their post type (Needs & Resource Toolset Post Type)

The user would add their personal info + the info of post type: title, description, deadline, image, need or resource type...)

Before being automatically added it should be approved.

Can you help us clarifying first error and pointing us in the right direction to achieve 2?

Thanks

I get a 404 on hidden link, can you check this URL?

To achieve #2, I would proceed like this:

1. Create your Post Type
2. Create your Post Form to create new such posts of that Type
3. Make sure the Form sets the post to "pending" state, not published, so you can later review, and publish it (either in the backend or with another form)
4. Insert The Form to a page and submit posts
5. Review them in the backend or another form and publish

Hi, Thanks for the help.

What would be the most rescommended approach to:

When I create a form, I want the user to input when submitting a need : Name, Email Adress, Terms and Conditions agremeent etc.. ? Thanks

Well, it depends what these Name, Email Adress, Terms and Conditions agremeent should be.
Post data, or User Data?

I think it'll be user data, so you would create a Toolset User Form and just add all the native Fields to the form.
For data that you want to be added, but is missing in WordPress's native User Profile you can use Toolset Types User Fields to add the missing details.

For example terms and conditions can be a simple checkbox custom user field saving 1 or nothing for the user checking it

Note, USERs cannot be searched on the front end, so if you need that information to be searchable, you need to save it in some posts.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.