Skip Navigation

[Resolved] google maps spreading full wiidth of page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to extend his google maps to 100% the width of his container.

Solution:
To do this you will need to add the attribute map_width to your maps shortocode and set that width to 100%

So it should me map_width='100%'

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by charlie 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: insert a google map spreading full width page when a I use a genesis toolset

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a map witha full withd of page browser

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with access to the website so that I can check on this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the credentials.

The issue is that we don't have an option for a full width content area so the map won't be able to extend to a 100% width across the page because of this boundary.

Please let me know if this clears things up for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, I have understood. So in his case I cannot use genesis theme because all of their theme, the content area is limited to 1200 and 1400 px. So sorry.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.