Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Google Maps not properly loading

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to get my google maps to work again. I previously noticed an issue where my maps stopped working. This had to do with billing not being properly connected. I have since corrected this and checked the API through the Toolset->Settings and the check worked. However, the map is still pointing to an erroneous location. I see that the settings instruct users to not restrict the api key but instead create a 2nd one for server side requests, however there are no instructions for setting a key to server-side requests only. Is this a restriction or what? Nevertheless, I created a 2nd key (without restrictions) and checked the API again. Everything is connected but the map still does not work (points to republic of congo for some reason even though the map points to the correct location in the United states within the editing of the listing itself.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I do not want to post the link publicly here but I can send it privately.

I followed advice from post here: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-maps-api-key/ but unfortunately this documentation is limited.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL where you want to display the map as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share admin access details so I can review your current settings and check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Sorry Minesh, I cannot give admin access to the site. We will need to resolve this by other means. I can provide screenshots and the data you need however. Please advise.

Minesh
Supporter

You can setup a staging site and share access details as without that we can not answer much whats going wrong with your setup.

However - before you setup a stating site:

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and to ensure there is no conflict with the plugins/theme you are using:

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?

Thanks Minesh. I will work on creating a staging site today, deactivate plugins and see if there is a conflict first. I will keep you posted from there.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - please update us as soon as you can 🙂

I haven't figured it out yet. Will be in touch soon.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - feel free to get in touch with us whenever you can.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.