Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Give site access only to logged in users

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Give site access only to logged in users

Solution:
The following is the plugin that will not allow user to access any page without login :
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/restricted-site-access/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Use Access (or some other solution) to hide an *entire site* behind a login. I am hoping to only let registered users into the site to view the content. I want each user to have to use their own username/password to login (set in the Users section of WordPress), instead of putting the entire site behind a single universal password.

This is my first time using Access so it's a little new to me. I could manage to set it so if a Guest (non logged in) user came to the site, they'd see a particular content template. But because Access places that Content Template inside single.php, the viewer would still see the default site header and footer. I was hoping for them not even to see those (because it gives away some content). I've drawn out what I want to hide when the user isn't logged in:
hidden link

Is there any way to direct the user straight to to the login page or a custom PHP page template (I'm comfortable makng those from scratch) which wouldn't have the default header and footer?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Sorry, I don't have an example.

What is the link to your site?
engieukbd.wpengine.com

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems as per your requirement, following is the perfect plugin for you which you should install and activate on your install and you are done:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/restricted-site-access/

Hey Minesh:

That's great, thank you, I'll give that a try. Much appreciated!

Kind regards, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.