Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting a “No result” on a filter view with secondary language

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user is using WPML to translate the website and has a view with filters, results show up on the primary language and do not in the secondary language.

Solution:
Make sure that the posts are translated or duplicated to the secondary language.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hanaelS 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Capture-d’écran-2020-09-12-à-12.32.45.jpg
Capture-d’écran-2020-09-12-à-12.32.31.jpg

Hello team,

I've spent few hours to try solve it but no way. I need help.

Context:
On hidden link, the Solutions page shows all solutions. Visitor can filter solutions by types.
In English (main language), the filters work fine.
In French (language 2), the filters always show "No result".
I can figure out why.

My attempts to solve it:
- Make sure translations exist for some solutions
- Remove language selector from the header (as seen in a Toolset forum page)
- Check the WPML > Languages > Ajax cookie stuff
- Clear WPML cache in WPML > Support > Trouble shooting
- Desactivate all plugins but WPML & Toolset ones
- No cache or performance plugin

What did I do wrong ?
I can share your admin credential to have a look.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Indeed, to better help you, I'd like to get access to your website to check. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

From what I gathered so far, it seems that no results appear is because not all the posts(solutions) are translated. For example on the French page, if you choose "Leadership" or "Stratégie & Risques", you will get the post "Bilan de santé stratégique" which is the translation of "Strategy health check". This post is the only one with a complete translation. Check this screenshot hidden link

Please check, if completing the translation for another post will let it display on the French page after applying a filter.

D*mned! I am ashamed to have taken your time for this. Seems I'm little bit too tired. Sorry again for this and I've appreciated very much your support!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.