Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Get the title of post that is being created (not title of form location)

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrei-laurentiuP 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I have a custom post type that may be created from a form which is displayed on pages or other posts.

I would like to save the title of the new post that is being created in a variable that I use to log some events.

Is it possible to use somehow types_render_field(..); ?

get_the_title(..); -- seems to only return the title of the page / post where the form is located.

Any suggestion on how I could do this?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You are using the Forms API, a hook such as cred_save_data to trigger your code?

If so then you have the post id of the created post available, see https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

So you can use get_post to retrieve the post object, and its title is then available as $post->post_title, see https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post/

Sorry for the noob question. I was just trying to send a message when validating a post - wanted to record the post name and it can be easily done with $fields['post_title']['value']. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.