Skip Navigation

[Resolved] get a dropdown sorting option of A-Z

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I would like to ask for: Is there a way to get a dropdown sorting option of A-Z - that being the first letter of the artist of record name on the website. I was looking for solutions on this but could not find any online which would suit my needs. hidden link - This is a link to the page I'm referring to. There is a dropdown next to the search bar that I would like to replace with the functionality I mentioned before. There is one more thing about that page as well. It has the functionality of infinite scrolling set from Toolset Views, but if you scroll down for it to start loading the first time, you would get a scrolling glitch. I tried fixing that myself, but could not manage.

Thank you in advance.

New threads created by Beda and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ajax-infinite-scrolling-glitch/

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-25 um 18.31.50.png

I have split off the last issue remaining here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ajax-infinite-scrolling-glitch/

As for the problem in this ticket, that is a single custom search dropdown, it seems, and you can order it's options, for example, if it filters a native Taxonomies like categories (see screenshot), or for custom fields, for example, you can order asc or desc, but not choose what by, as this will depend on the kind of value you compare (number, string, etc)

The Dropdown you shared is ordered correctly, ascending, as per WordPress string ordering, I think.
It begins at "1" and ends at "z" (numbers first, letters after, 1-9, a-z)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.