Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Geolocation integration with Toolset Maps

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

In February I wrote in asking:

February 23, 2017 at 6:01 pm
I love your Toolset maps plugin! So powerful, so easy to use, a real pleasure. The only thing that would make it better is if it had geolocation functionality. PLEASE!!! Having geolocation would allow my site users to not only access the data in my maps, but also see where they are relative to the data points around them.

You responded :

February 24, 2017 at 3:55 pm #493742
Juan
Forum moderator
Well, this is already on our list, we just need to find the time to put it into a sprint and a release target, and get our hands on it. We would also love the ability to gather the visitor address and add it to a given map to see himself compared to all the other markers.
I added this ticket to our own internal one so we can weight it based on requests and assign priorities.

and then at the end of May:

May 29, 2017 at 4:39 pm #529890
Mohammed
Forum moderator
I have good news for you. your request is approved to be included in Toolset google maps plugin.
It will be included in Toolset maps within a month from now.

I was wondering what the status is of this? Sorry to bother you, I appreciate that you are busy, but I know that people (including me) are clamoring for this addition to your already brilliant Toolset Maps plugin!

thank you

Hi, as you can see the timeline was not accurate, and I'd prefer not to add another inaccurate estimate right now. What I can tell you is that the developers are planning to include geolocation features in the next release of the Maps plugin, so geolocation is on the horizon. There's not currently a beta version available for testing, but as soon as I have that ready to distribute I'll update you here. Sorry for the inconvenience - I know this will be a useful feature!

Thanks for your reply. I know that you are working on it, and I know that this addition will make Maps even more amazing than it already is.

#justlisteningforupdates

Hi, I'm excited to let you know that Maps 1.4 has been released! We now offer the ability to perform distance-based searches based on criteria like the User's current location, or a static point. You can predefine a distance and origin criteria, or allow your User to specify their own distance and origin in the search form. Please update to Maps 1.4 to enable this new feature.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.