Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Generating smart queries and calculations with Toolset?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by reneV-2 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi guys,

I'm trying to see if there is a way to intelligently generate counts or use WP query to create values for certain fields within a CPT and display them on the frontend.

Please see this for what I mean: hidden link

But basically, is there a way to query and pull back the count of a CPT, but constrain it by certain values of other custom fields within the same CPT, OR... with values of custom fields of other relationship linked CPTs.

Thanks,

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - what you need is possible but needs custom programming which is eventually beyond the scope of our support policy.

If you need custom programming for your project, please feel free to contact our certified partners:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

However - I can give you few hints, You can use WordPress standard hook "save_post" to update your custom field value dynamically based on your requirements.

More info:
=> https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/save_post

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for your note. Do you know if there are any plans to improve Toolset to incorporate these types of useful functionality?

I think there would be quite a few others who would be interested in smart calculations and queries. Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - in general term "calculations" will be a broad word for toolset - when you say it, it will be different for each user and thus we can not control and guess what could be the exact requirement and implement it in generic way as it will be different user to user.

Toolset allows you flexibility that you can can always write custom shortcode or function to implement such functions and use it with content template, views etc.. etc.. If there is solution we are always happy to help and guide you in right direction so that you can achieve what you need but if there is no such native feature available as a supporter we need to work within the boundary and follow our support policy. I hope this makes things clear and understandable.

However I will pass your comment to right person and pass your concern to as a new feature request for assessment but please note that there is no ETA on it.

Great! Thank you Minesh.

It would indeed be great if Toolset would offer the possibility to make calculations (e.g. the total number of posts with a specific metadata value, the total number of items listed in a table, etc.). Besides, it would be extremely powerful if Toolset could include a component to build and display graphs based on such values.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.