Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Frontend view functionality for changing order of a post in a list

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
priority-list.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a visible view that is listing posts (See "A" in the attached image). Each post is created using toolset forms. When someone adds a post, the title of the post is being set as the name of the one who creates it.
The view consists of a table with one row for each post.
Each post contains the name of the post (the name of the user who created it) and a phone number (received from a custom user field).
The posts are ordered by post date showing the latest post on top.

On each row there should be a button saying "move to bottom". When a user clicks on this button I want the post row to be sent to the bottom of the list. (see "B" in the attached image)

I'm struggling to find out a way to solve this and need directions on how to do it or any ideas on how it's possible to do it in another way.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Cannot find any documentation for my specific case.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not that I have found

What is the link to your site?
It's not public.

Thanks for your valuable time!
//Pierre

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately this is not something that I can assist much with as it will require some amount of custom code.

However I suspect what you want to achieve can be found at the link below.
hidden link

The example above will allow you to rearrange the rows of your table however given that the view would've been pre-sorted from the database request then if your page is refreshed the set order won't be retained.

My advice here is that some custom field is needed that will be updated with the positioning of the post on the table and set your view to be sorted by that custom field. This way the order is retained.

However this can get quite complex and as such I also recommend that you seek the assistance of a contractor to assist with this one as they are better equipped to develop custom solutions for your specific scenario.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.