Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front end form for editing blog posts

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by nicoleR-3 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to make a front end form for blog authors that uses a CRED form so they don't have to long into the wp-admin area and can edit all their posts in a members area. I went through the all the steps to set up the form and it shows up when clicking "Edit Blog Post" in the member's area, but unlike the forms for editing my custom post types, the fields are not filled out with the content of the blog post. What shows up is just a blank form so the users will not be able to see the content they are editing.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I could not find any information on this issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

There is no difference between setting up edit forms for standard Posts vs for custom port types.

To recall, you create an edit form, insert that form into a content template, and then in the context of the post to be edited (i.e. in the tempate to display single posts, or in the output of a View listing such posts) you insert the edit link.

On the front-end that link should link to the post to be edited (at its normal URL), with a content-template-id URL appended that has the id of the template containing the edit form.

If that all sounds correct, then perhaps you have some other plugin that is conflicting with this set up, and the first thing I would suggest is you test deactivating all non-Toolset plugins and testing again to see whether you still have the problem.

I followed the exact same process when I created the Edit Blog Post form as I did when I created the edit forms for my custom post types, but I do not see the content for the blog posts when I click to edit the blog post.

Created the form, then inserted the form into the content template, then used the "Edit Post Link" custom field in both my view listing the posts and on in the post template.

I disabled all plugins and the issue persisted.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please make sure that you created the Edit post form rather than creating new post.

You can edit your form and check is it set to create new post or Edit existing post.

Yep, that was the problem. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.