Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front-end Event Product Submission

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

Hello Toolset team,

I am using Toolset trial version to build my site, and hoping it's able to do what I need.
I would like to ask your advice and guidance to help me build my site.

What I would like to achieve is an event e-commerce site with the following features:

1) Users can register to become event organizers
2) Organizers can post/edit event products in front-end.
3) Organizers can view list of buyers/attendees of each event

What I have done so far:
- Set up taxonomy named "States" (to categorize event by states)
- Custom fields for event details in product posts (using woocommerce)

Please advise what I need to do. I tried reading the documentations and user guides, and got overwhelmed.
Thank you in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

What you are trying to achieve will take some time but let me break it down for you with some documentation.

1. How to create a user role for event organisers?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/custom-woocommerce-roles-admin-capabilities/

2. Creating a user form for the Event Organisers custom role
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms/

3. Creating a list of Events and Attendees, for events this is possible since you can use our views plugin to do this.

However regarding the attendees you will need to create a separate CPT for attendees and this will complicate things a bit.

What i recommend for here is to use a plugin that manages event registration, for example
hidden link

or

https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Thanks for your reply.

I have bought that Woocommerce Events plugin earlier, but I couldn't get the date and venue fields into my CRED product form.
Also, I couldn't find how to get the price and inventory fields into the form either.

I am looking into WC Vendors (and other marketplace plugins) to manage users. Can we make similar multivendor functionalities using Access and CRED?
I only want users with "Organizer" level to be able to submit event products, then manage the products and orders from front end.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Saleh.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

The problem here is that CRED is not able to populate the woocommerce specific custom fields.

CRED is meant to populate custom fields created using Types through the frontend. So custom fields created using another plugin won't be available to be populated with our CRED form.

So these fields will need to be populated through the backend.

Thanks,
Shane

Capture.PNG

Hi Shane,

I have installed Woocommerce Events plugin, and it has added custom fields to the product to indicate that it is an event product and event details like date and location.

As I build CRED form for the event product, I found shortcodes (under non-types custom fields) for Woocommerce event fileds.

However in the preview, the form doesn't show fields from Woocommerce Events shortcodes. All other fields are shown.
What should I do?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

As this is is a premium plugin i'm not able to walk through the steps myself to see exactly what the problem is.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so I can have a first hand look at what the problem is ?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Shane is on holiday today. This is Minesh here to help you today. Hope this is OK.

Could you please share the link of the page where you've added CRED form?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

As mentioned, since our CRED plugin is not tailored to create woocommerce products then these items won't show up to be populated by our CRED plugin.

So CRED is not able to propulate these items. If this is something that you want then you will need a plugin that is specific for creating Woocommerce products through the frontend.

The reason why the fields show up in views is able to display this is because it's able to load the non-types custom fields but CRED isn't

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane And Minesh,

Really sorry for not replying sooner.
I will find a workaround using Custom Fields for this matter.

Thanks again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.