Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front End Display Issues Since Upgrade to Layouts 1.8.4

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieP 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Output_Layouts 1.8.4.JPG
Output_Layouts 1.8.3.JPG

Since latest upgrades (Layouts 1.8.4), the CSS class I had in 'Tag Classes (optional)' field keeps dropping out and additional lines appear there when I'm trying to edit the row.

I've noticed there is now a 'use default 15px container padding' checkbox below row type in 'edit row' that wasn't there before. Why is this necessary/what is its purpose please?

I've attached before and after images of the same area on a page. The container widths aren't right either (and aren't corrected by unchecking the container padding checkbox).

I've tried de- and reactivating Layouts but this hasn't helped.

My site is in development (was so looking forward to launching it this weekend too!) and I have a development copy using the previous versions of all plugins so you can look at both if you need to.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Julie, I'm repeating my findings here that I shared in the related thread.

I have done some more testing on my local test site and can confirm the issue whereby adding the optional classes to layouts rows are not saved at all, and adding them to cells they are initially saved, but lost upon editing.

I have escalated this ticket so that it can be investigated further, and I will keep you posted when there are any developments.

Regarding the checkbox for padding it seems entirely optional and does what it says, the rationale being for visual consistency when working with some themes such as Avada.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Julie

The fix has been published as a Layouts update to version 1.8.6

Keep an eye out for an update notification on your plugins page.

If that doesn't appear or you don't want to wait you can download the zipped plugin file from your downloads page (wp-types.com/my-account/downloads). You can use the Upload button on the Add New Plugins page to add the zipped version of Layouts to your site, but that requires deleting the old plugin first.

If you have FTP access you can upload the unzipped file to your plugins folder and overwrite the old plugin version.

Please re-test the issue and let me know if you have any continuing problems.

Hi Nigel

many thanks for the update.

I need some more time to test this. Can you leave this ticket open for a while longer please? I'll be able to give it the attention it needs towards the end of the week (if not sooner).

Thank you

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, Julie

the ticket will stay open for four weeks if you don't reply until it gets automatically closed...

Hi Nigel

I've now uploaded (via FTP) Layouts 1.8.5, followed by Layouts 1.8.6.

I'm afraid it's still not working quite as it should do/was before the upgrade to 1.8.4. Here's what's happening:-

On a site I use to test toolset & wordpress upgrades before applying them to my live site, I have a 'wrapper' and a 'page' layout. I have a tag class I apply to rows in these layouts to set the background colour to white. The 'wrapper' layout has a Visual Editor Cell in row 1, a menu in row 2 and a child cell in row 3. If I add the tag class to row 1, it gets added automatically to row 2 (whether I want that row to have that tag class or not). The CSS is applied to both and the white background appears on the front end (so from that point of view, the upgrade to 1.8.6 is working). However, if I go to edit row again on either row, the tag class isn't showing even though it's being applied on the front end. If I add it back again to row 1 and then delete it from row 2, it also gets deleted from row 1 and yet the front end continues to apply it.

I've tried deactivating Layouts and reactivating but no joy.

Please advise.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Julie

I think this is the same issue for which an errata has been published today: https://toolset.com/errata/select2-instance-not-reload-data-iframe/

Could you please apply the patch described there and re-test.

If you still see the problem let me know and I pursue further.

Thank you Nigel, this appears to have done the trick!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.