Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Framework Installer Plugin: Download "Forbidden"

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2021-01-26 160824.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Trying to reinstall the Framework Installer plugin, so I can reinstall the "Events & Speakers" showcase. I installed that showcase successfully today, but the Events template got screwed up somehow. No problem, I thought, I'll just reinstall the showcase. But I can't do that without the Framework Installer plugin.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Not at this time. Earlier I followed the documentation on installing a showcase. That went OK.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Not sure what you mean.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Would you mind to give another try as I just try to install Framework Installer plugin on my test site and it just work fine.

If it does not work again, please share access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

You wrote, "If it does not work again, please share access details." I don't understand. What "access details" do you mean?

Thank you for offering to troubleshoot, but I can't give you sftp access because there are other web sites on that server. I can give you WordPress admin access, but I felt like I already tried everything as an admin.

So I decided to start over from scratch, since it's just a showcase site. First, I dropped the WordPress database, recreated the database, configured WordPress, and reinstalled Toolset Types. That didn't help: Same error when I tried to install the Framework Installer.

Next, I deleted the whole web site directory and reinstalled WordPress. Installed and registered Toolset Types. Same error installing the Framework Installer.

So on a hunch, I deleted my site's Toolset registration and used "Add new site" to re-add it. I used the new key to re-register Toolset Types. After that, I was able to install the Framework Installer and install the showcase.

So tell me, is a registered site only allowed to install Framework Installer once? Or is this just a bug?

Again, thanks for trying to help. But be aware this was a waste of my time. I don't know how many Toolset customers need to install the Framework Installer more than once, but I don't see any reason why it should just fail with no meaningful error message.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

When I say access, I would like to have wp-admin access details.

So I decided to start over from scratch, since it's just a showcase site. First, I dropped the WordPress database, recreated the database, configured WordPress, and reinstalled Toolset Types. That didn't help: Same error when I tried to install the Framework Installer.
==>
When you drop the database that means you deleted everything, so it but obvious that you have to register the site again to get automatic updates working.

Lets say you have a site that is already registered to get Toolset updates, now you want to install Framework installer, as site is already registered (by registering site key), you can install the Framework installer plugin. Once Framework installer plugin is installed you want to install one of the reference site and you will install it and I see even after installing the reference site using Framework installer, you do not require to register the site key again.

I'm not sure where exactly you failed to update the Toolset Framework installer plugin.

Sorry, I couldn't quite understand Minesh's response January 28. I wasn't "updating" a plugin. I was installing it. As I said, Toolset was already registered when I tried to install the Framework Installer plugin.

I think there's probably a bug here: On a site with Toolet Types installed and registered, Installing the Framework Installer failed with a meaningless error message. I believe you should reproduce the error, determine the root cause, and either eliminate the error or change it to display a meaningful error message.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing these details and I was able to reproduce this behavior on my test website.

In order to install the Toolset Framework Installer plugin again on a website, the Toolset site key needs to recreated.

I've shared this with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar