Skip Navigation

[Resolved] forms with conditions

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justinW-8 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 9.25.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 9.24.59 AM.png

When I try to do a condition within a condition it comes back messed up. From the pictures you can see I put everything the way I want it. Then after I hit save the bottom picture happens and everything gets messed up. I

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Justin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Based on what i'm seeing appears to be some kind of conflict. What I would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

Once you've done this please check the edit page again to see if the issue still remains.

If it does please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

I tried disabling my plugins as well as clearing cache, I am still getting that same issue in the form

Shane
Supporter

Hi Justin,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site to have a further look at this one for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the credentials,

I tried to take a look at this for you but the credentials don't seem to work.

Can you check them on your end and let me know if they work for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

I updated the private message with credentials. They work on my end let me know if they work for you. Thabks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the credentials.

Currently i'm only seeing one conditional field being messed up. It only has the 55+ studio Room field in it.

Are you nesting the conditional groups ? What I mean is that you're adding a conditional group within another ?

Based on what im seeing that is what is being done here. You don't actually need to do this because the conditional group can be dependent on a field that is in another conditional group.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 9.25.10 AM.png

So I would like the form to be set up like this housing offered is the main field, when they select any of the four types then the condition will pop up the room selection such as studio, one bedroom and two bedroom for the respective category like 55+ AL, IL and such. Then if they select a room type it will pop up with the price studio price, one bedroom price and so on so thats why I have a condition nested in a condition. But whenever I do this it mess up the form.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Justin,

I understand what you want to achieve. However as mentioned you don't need to nest the conditionals.

Have a look at my illustration below.

-Conditional Block A
--Field A

-Conditional Block B (Depends on Field A value)
-- Field B

If you notice from above I didn't next Conditional B into the Conditional A. Thats because the conditional block is dependent on Field A's value. As long as Field A is hidden and the value doesn't match what Conditional B is looking for it will be hidden.

So my advise is not to nest the conditionals group and add them individually but let them be dependent on the value of the field in another conditional.

Please let me know if this is clearer for you.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.