Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Form fields auto-updating

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tiago Valente 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? see the link below.

Is there any documentation that you are following? not at the moment

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

This is a credit simulation.
Please press the form buttons + and -, change values, the value slider, the months etc. You can see that the fields will be ajax updating according to formulas, very fast.
I know that Toolset doesnt allow to do this by default, but is this possible with custom code along with toolset?

Toolset has field ajax validation, to check what options are available for a field option. I already tested but it's not as fast as i see in this form.

thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.53.08 PM.png

Actually, this form isn't updating with AJAX when you click "+" or "-". It is doing JavaScript calculations based on a known algorithm and known inputs, and updating the display based on the outcome of those calculations. No AJAX call is triggered. See the attached screenshot - the only network activity happening when you click one of the "+" or "-" buttons is click tracking (response is a gif). No AJAX View or filtering system is going to perform this fast, no matter how powerful your server is.

With enough custom code, you could probably write something similar in JavaScript but it's difficult for me to say because I don't really know how the calculations are made and what they are based on.

Thank you Christian, my mistake then.

Will have to go around this issue using custom code.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.