Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Footer Link not displaying content after update- Genesis 2.5.0

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Geoffrey Cleverley 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.07.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.07.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.07.34 PM.png

I updated to Genesis 2.5.0 yesterday.

Didn't notice a problem intially, everything seemed fine at first but then realised the content in the custom back to top link (floating bottom right), from the theme integration is not displaying any text anymore.

I have 3 lives sites I using Genesis and Layouts integration, it's happening on each of them. I think perhaps they made some changes that are conflicting with the theme integration maybe?

The sites are:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

scroll down a little and you'll see the floating link box appears, but there is no text content in any of them.

Cheers

jeff

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jeff

I was able to reproduce this locally and so have escalated it to our second tier so that it the source of the change can be determined and a fix proposed.

I'll keep you posted when I hear back with any news.

Cheers Nigel

Hey,

Any news with this?

Jeff

Updated to latest Layouts and Genesis integration. Problem persists.

🙁

Cheers

Jeff

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jeff

I'm sorry, I just checked the internal tickets and the issue has not been fixed yet. I have commented and pointed out that it is approaching 2 months since you reported this, and hopefully that will prompt them to address it soon.

I'll let you know what they say.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jeff

I've been advised that this is fixed in the next release of Layouts—version 2.0.2.

We are about to enter QA testing on the latest raft of updates, which means the release is probably a couple of weeks away.

I'll prompt you when it is published.

Cheers Nigel, much appreciated...

p.s Does this raft of updates implement the types many2many relationships sans intermediary project?

Nigel
Supporter

Not yet, no.

My understanding is that most of the work in Types itself is complete, but those changes need propagating to the other plugins, Views being the most obviously affected, and I don't know what the timescale for that is.

I expect you will see a blog post before too long demo-ing what has been done with Types, so keep an eye out there for news.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jeff

They just published an errata with the upcoming fix for this if you want to go ahead and apply it.

https://toolset.com/errata/issue-with-back-to-top-button-for-genesis-2-5-integration-plugin/

If you try it and it doesn't fix the problem, please let me know, thanks.

Hey Nigel,

That fixed it.

There is an error on the errata page though:
https://toolset.com/errata/issue-with-back-to-top-button-for-genesis-2-5-integration-plugin/

Where it says find the following line:

return '<div class="' . $class. '">[footer_backtotop text="'return '<div class="' . $class. '">[footer_backtotop text="'. $theme_integration_footer_backtotop . '"]</div>';

Looks like they have made a mistake and double pasted inside the previous paste from clipboard - see the duplicate return is the start of the correct line of code.

Should be

return '<div class="' . $class. '">'.$theme_integration_footer_backtotop.'</div>';

All good for me now though!

Thanks again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.