Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Font Issue

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
aa futher screens.jpg

Hi there,

We're going round and round in circles with Kadence Support and it now 'seems' our issue could be Toolset.

For our Archive pages we use Toolset. This from Admin in Toolset > WordPress Archives.

While this works great we have a font issue. (see attached)

Screen 1
Is of this page : hidden link

This page looks as it should. Check the 'title' only…TOUR Travel Guides.
This looks ok all devices and any Mac…as it does on the screen shot.

Screen 2
Is of an archive page, this one using a Toolset template: hidden link
Check out Travel Discover title only.

On my Mac it looks as it should, just as TOUR Travel guides.
But on any other Mac or mobile device (iPads and phones) it looks like on Screen 2…almost like its using Times Roman font.

Yet when I inspected on another Mac, it says its using Roboto Condensed but its not displaying it...it's defaulting to Times font.

I'm close to getting rid of all archive pages as this has been driving me crazy for days.

Why, when using Toolset is a Kadence font not being used? Makes no difference whether we use a Kadence Header Block or Toolset block.

To be clear, all 'pages' using Roboto Condensed work fine, these using Kadence.
The moment we use Toolset for something, like a template, the font wont work.

Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

It seems that the font "Roboto condensed" is not queued on the archive page. You won't find any link to it like this:

<link rel="preload" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin>

I don't know why this happens, and I'd like to access your website and check how the archive template is made and how the theme is being built. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Pete. It turns out to be a known issue for the Heading and Single Field blocks. The font is not correctly picked. So, I am adding your ticket to our internal bug to increase its priority. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

As a workaround, I used a Fields&Text block and removed the existing Heading block. Unfortunately, I am not sure that I have used the correct color for the word(Tour) and the correct font-size. I'll let you adjust those on your side to make sure you have the desired design.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for looking into this for me.

This has been so frustrating, it seems to be one thing after another with Toolset recently...this just another.

Anyway, I've just had a quick look. Ok...however we cant change the font size, or more specifically, when we change the font size and font...looks ok in backed but not on front end.

This still seems not to be working correctly?

Jamal
Supporter

You can change the font and font-size at the block(Fields&Text) settings. Check this screenshot hidden link

However, to change the color of the word "Tour", you must do it within the block. Check this screenshot hidden link

I am afraid, that's the only workaround I think of. The Heading block is unfortunately not picking the selected font.

Hi there,

Yes I saw this however adding 96 to the font size makes this HUGE, not 96px. The font still wont work as Roboto Condensed.

You know, this with the handful of other issues and bugs we've found with Toolset recently is nothing less than infuriating. We've spent better part of two days going back and fourth with Kadence thinking it was a theme issue, then no...its Toolset 'again'/

We are getting rid of Archive pages altogether, simply not worth the trouble...thanks to Toolset...its more trouble than its worth.

Thank you for your help and time all the same.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Pete for your reply. I understand the frustration you might feel and we'll do our best to fix all of these issues in an upcoming release.

I marked this thread as resolved. Feel free to reopen it if you need further assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.