Skip Navigation

[Resolved] First & Last Name registration form fields associate with Cred User Fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I created a New User CRED form. I created User fields to include in the New USer form. The fields I am having problems with are the required WordPress new user required fields.

1.) First Name
2.) Last Name
3.) Email

How do I connect a user field I created such as first name and have the form know it is the users first name?

I am using this shortcode:

[cred_field field='renters-first-name' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='First Name']

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Randi,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I'm assuming that you are creating a CRED create user form correct?

These fields are default fields that should come up in your form once you autogenerate it.

Would you mind sending me the code of the form so that I can have a look ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane:

Thanks for your response. Here is the form code:

<div class="container">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6">

[creduserform class='cred-user-form cree-keep-original']
[cred_field field='form_messages' value='']

[cred_field field='renters-first-name' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='First Name']
[cred_field field='renters-last-name' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='Last Name']
[cred_field field='user_email' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='Email']
[cred_field field='user_login' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='User Name']
[cred_field field='user_pass' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='Password']
[cred_field field='user_pass2' post='user' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='Verify Password']

[cred_field field='form_submit' value='Register' urlparam=]
[/creduserform]

</div>
</div>
</div>

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Randi,

If you were to use the autogenerate button then these fields will be added to the form automatically.

1.) First Name
2.) Last Name
3.) Email

These fields come default with the form and you aren't required to create custom fields for those.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.