Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filtering post based on user group

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi, I have one question.

My following scenario is to register user by form on site, he will get for example subscriber role and he will not be able to create, edit or delete custom post types (listings) on that site.

After we receive payment from that user, we will move him to another group, for example broker, and that group will have ability to add, edit or delete custom post types (listings).

If the client decide not to extend subscription, we will move him back again to first user role.

I'm curious, can I filter in toolset view by user roles (subscriber, editor, custom roe), I can't find that option? I don't want to show listings from customers who are for example in subscriber user gruop.

Thanks
Sasa

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Sasa,

Thank you for getting in touch.

From you post it looks like you're building a membership type site. I would recommend taking a look at our membership tutorial as it covers all the questions that you are asking here.
https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-membership-sites/

If there is anything that you're not sure about please let me know and I will be happy to clarify.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, I am, and I'm finished with whole site, I just want to know are we able to hide posts in view plugin based on user group.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Sasa,

That is great news 🙂 if there are no further questions you can go ahead and mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, this is not resolved, you didn't answer on my question 🙂

I just want to know are we able to hide posts in view plugin based on user group?

Thanks
Sasa

Shane
Supporter

Hi Sasa,

My apologies I seem to have misread your previous post.

It is possible but it will require the use of custom code. Take a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/content-restricted-by-post-groups-still-showing-in-view/

This post should be able to help you with resolving this one.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.