Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] filter options show

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by heinrichT 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-26 um 13.00.33.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-26 um 13.00.55.png

on the page: hidden link all filter options show although "Show only filter options that would produce results" is checked and it worked fine till 2-3 weeks ago.

enclosed you find 2 screenshots (one how it should be, the other as it is now)

I deactivated all plugIns and have the lates version of toolset.

Thanks for your help.

Hello, I'll be glad to take a closer look, but I was unable to login using the credentials you provided. Can you double-check to be sure the User exists, and the password is correct? I will activate private reply fields again in case you need to share an update.

There was a known issue in the previous version of Views/Blocks, but it should have been fixed in the Blocks 1.6/Views 3.6 release. You may need to clear all server-side caches to see the fix after updating.
https://toolset.com/errata/view-setting-show-only-filter-options-that-would-produce-results-not-working-correctly/

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.28.49 AM.png

Strange, it seems the staging site still has the older plugin versions installed. Perhaps the update was rolled back for some reason, or the live site was copied down to staging, overwriting those updates? See the screenshot here - the fix for this issue should be included in Blocks 1.6, but the staging site still has Blocks 1.5.3. Please go to hidden link and click "Check for Updates", then you should be able to get the latest plugin versions installed automatically.

Hi Christian,

I did the Updates again but the issue isn't fixed.

Oh, how frustrating...I am sorry, I felt sure this must be the same issue that was resolved in the latest release since the symptoms and description are so similar. It seems that is not the case here, and this was not fully addressed in the latest releases. I'll need to escalate this to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation, but I was not able to replicate the same problem in a similar site I created from scratch. Is it okay for me to create a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin or the All in One WP Migration plugin? That will allow me to provide the team with an example they can use to start investigating as soon as possible.

Hi Christian,

what ever you need to do is ok with me. Thanks for you help

Okay thank you, I have created that site clone and replicated the problem in my local copy of the site. I'm escalating this to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation, and I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I have something to share.

I have an update from my 2nd tier support team. We were able to determine that the problem occurs in archives that contain a taxonomy filter when the taxonomy is applied to more than one post type. Filter options (terms) which should not appear in the filter (because there are no posts with that term assigned) will be included if a post in another post type has the term assigned. That's why the problem did not seem to be present in my local tests - I only applied the taxonomy to one post type. In your case, the Schlagwerter (Tag) taxonomy is applied to Posts, Rezepte, Downloads, and Veranstaltungen. So now that we understand the full scope of the problem, we can escalate this to our developers for a complete solution. I'll keep you posted here as I receive more information about that, or if a workaround becomes available before the fix is released.

Hi Christian,

do you have any updates regarding my issue?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Heinrich,

Thank you for the continued patience, however the issue has been escalated to our developers but there isn't an update on the ticket as yet.

As soon as we have an update from them we will let you know.

Thanks,
Shane

hi shane,
tks for info, but i don`t have patience anymore. its nearly 4 weeks now. my expectation is to get info the next days when the issue is resolved! we need tools we can work with.
tks in advance