Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter by Repeating Date Field

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

We are building a Cruise directory website where we have created a new Post Type: Cruise. Each Cruise has a number of departure dates. We have added a Repeatable field in Date format, called Departure Date.

We'd like to offer a filter on the Cruise Search page to filter Cruises by their departure date(s).

I'm unable to see the repeating field in the Filter Wizard to select it? So I think I'm going about this the wrong way.

Do you have any information about how to do this or if it is possible with a repeating date field, the majority of the forum posts look to be related to querying just single date.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Matt,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately you cannot create a search for the Repeatable field group custom fields.

In this case I would recommend using a post relationship to do your departure times. It essentially functions the same as the RFG but it offers more flexibility in that you can filter by the custom fields that are added to the cruise.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks I'll give this a try.

Hi,

OK I've created a new post type for Cruise Date with a custom field for Date. So there is a Cruise Date post for each date, that can be assigned to multiple cruises, by setting up a many to many relationship. I don't seem to be able to filter the cruises by the custom date field on the Date post type though. Is this possible?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Matt,

Since this is a relationship.

What you need to do is to filter the Cruise Date Post Type in the view. So you need to create the view for the Cruise Date CPT.

Then in the view, you will display the post title information but set the post title to display the parent information.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.