Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter based on check box custom field

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.59.56 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 2.59.21 pm.png

I am trying to: filter the results based on date (in the future) and whether a particular checkbox is selected

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: 1 event "Second Event" as that is the only one which has "St Stephen's" checked

Instead, I got: 2 events. "The First Test Event" is not for St Stephen's so shouldn't be showing.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I suspect this issue is being caused by the correct value not being entered in the filter.

Could you expand one of the custom field options and let me see what the value that is being stored in the database is.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 20.22.12.png

Hi Shane

Thanks for your reply. Attached is a screenshot with one option open. I suspect it's the apostrophe but I really could do with that being kept.

Cheers

Jon

Hi again

I wanted to check my hunch so removed the apostrophe from the value stored and the filter works. But, I need to apostrophe to show in the output. Can you let me know how I do that? I've tried escaping it using \' but that doesn't work.

Cheers

Jon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

So the filter works now correct?

Also what is printed out when you use the shortcode to display the field.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

It works when I change the checkbox values to:

St Stephens
St Peters
St Cedds

BUT, I need them to be:

St Stephen's
St Peter's
St Cedd's

The apostrophes are causing the problems but there must be a way around that?

Hi again

If I leave the apostrophes in place, the output shows them correctly. But the filter doesn't work.

Cheers

Jon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

What I can do is to escalate this to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging to see why this doesn't work.

In the meantime you should work without the apostrophe's

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi jon,

I've checked with our 2nd tier supporters and they made mention that this issue has already been reported.

In fact our developers have worked on it and the fix will be in a future update of views. Also we are trying to get an Errata posted for this so customers would not need to wait on a full update in order to get the fix.

I'll advise that you remove the apostrophe for now and keep checking on our Errata page below to see when the patch is posted.
https://toolset.com/errata/

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for the update. Good to know you have fixed it. Do you have any idea when that will be available?

Cheers

Jon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the patience.

I messaged on our internal system to check for an eta but none so far.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

If you have a test site could you try the latest views beta to see if this resolves the issue ?
https://toolset.com/download/views-beta/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.