Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter a view with multiple Parent Post Types

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi!

We have site that has a Post Type that has many Parent Post Types.
We would like to add a view to display all posts for that post type with filters to filter displayed posts according to selected Parent Post Types (each Parent Post Type should be a separate filter input).

Currently in a view I can filter posts only with one Parent Post Type and not more.

Do you have multiple Parent Post Type filtering feature coming soon?
Any fast workaround solutions for that?

Thank you!

I am having this exact same question at the moment. I'm guessing there must be a way to do this, but am unclear on how to do so. I would also appreciate any assistance in getting this to work. Thanks.

- Aaron

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 11.28.41.png

In the current stable Toolset release, it is possible to filter by one parent tree a time.

In the coming up release of the new Many To Many relationships, you can filter by several parent types.

Let me add a ScreenShot of the Beta Version that you can download in your Toolset Download area, which depicts the possibilities to add "Related" post type filters.

I suggest installing the Beta of Types and Views to see this working.
Please use only development sites to test this.

Thanks. My entire site is in development and I plan on doing an initial launch in June. Do you have any expectations on when the final version of the new version will be released? I'm a little nervous that other features may break between now and my release if it isn't released by then, but I'm tempted to take the gamble in order to have this feature. Let me know your opinion. Cheers.

- Aaron

Thanks for your reply!
Looking forward to this release and new features.
If we'll have some time to test the Beta version before release and if we'll find some relevant feedback, i'll take contact.

To Aaron:
One workaround we think to use is to request all data from database with Views plugin current versions, then hide all the data and create a filtered view to customers with jQuery and javascript.

Thanks for now!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.