Skip Navigation

[Closed] fields that end with spaces are removed on import

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

When I import custom post fields into toolset with ultimate csv importer pro, fields that end with spaces are removed on import.

I've tried with space and  

ex :
"keyword " -> keyword
"keyword " -> keyword

It removes spaces at the end, I feel like it's an automatic TRIM.

Do you know how to convert these spaces in the custom post on import ?

Thanks

I just saw that the space &nbsp with the semicolon has been replaced also in your forum by a classic space 😉

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stephane,

&nbsp is what is defined as a space in ASCII for HTML, so whenever this is processed on the frontend it will be interpreted as a space.

Ideally the question would be best asked directly in the ultimate csv importer pro support team as they could have something that is removing it. Are you defining your spaces with &nbsp or are you using a literal space.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] fields that end with spaces are removed on import’ is closed to new replies.