Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Featured image not available as dynamic background in container block

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
no featured image option.png

I am trying to: add a dynamic background to a Toolset container block

I expected to see: an option to choose the post's featured image

Instead, I got: only the option to use the author's icon image

I have tried the suggested option of creating a reusable block and that doesn't help

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you provide a bit of detail as to the context under which you're using this option.

Is it a content template? Or is this for a custom post type Archive.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

This is in a content template

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

Thank you.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

I see the issue now.

The reason for this is because the posts that are being loaded by the content template as an example to view the template with don't have any featured images in them.

What you can do is for one of the pages that show up in the list at view with: in the top of the screen, set a featured image for that post temporarily and then you should be able to select a featured image in the content template.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, that works but this seems to me like a bug. Why is it that only a few posts are shown in the dropdown and wouldn't it be better to allow the featured image option even where he example post chosen doesn't have one, but perhaps with a message "this post doesn't have a featured image"?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.