Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Featured image is uploaded but not attached to posts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When you upload a Featured image with CRED it does upload the image but it's not attached to the post in question

Solution:
This is solved in any Current Stable CRED Release version

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tristian 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have the exact problem as mentioned in this errata:

https://toolset.com/errata/featured-image-uploaded-not-attached-posts-created-using-cred-form/

I have replaced the files as suggested - but I still have exactly the same problem. Images are being uploaded, but are not being attached to the post.

I have both a New Post form and an Edit Post form and the problem is happening in both:

<div class="cred-field cred-field-_featured_image">     
		<label class="cred-label">Company Logo</label> 
      [cred_field field='_featured_image' value='' urlparam='']
	</div>

This was tested and working prior to updating to 1.8 - was really hoping the errata would fix this!?

It works just fine on my end.

You need the latest Stable CRED and Toolset and then apply the fix just as elaborated in the Errata.

Notice that there are 2 files to replace.

Please if this does not work, check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Please also check with WP Debug enabled:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

I am sorry.

It does not work with 2.2.1 Types Plugin.

If you use Types 2.2 and CRED patched with the erratum, it works.

I reported this.

ok, I am using Types 2.2.1.

I am only using Toolset plugins and child theme.

Will wait for an update for 2.2.1 - I can live with this for a few days so hopefully it's an easy fix as it's obviously a known issue.

Thanks.

Our developers updated the relevant Erratum.

Please check this out again and let me know if any issues surge.

It should work now

Hello Beda,

This is still not working and it seems from the comments on the Erratum it is not working for others either.

I have updated all files mentioned for CRED\Layouts\Types\Views and cleared cache. I have tested and re-tested and then repeated the whole procedure again to double check.

This is now causing a real issue. Any chance a working fix can be released urgently?

Thanks

Well I see you are in contact with Francesco?

Please aknowledge that unless you have a Custom WordPress Structure and unless you did not replace all files, this should work just fine.

Can you tell me if you use a Custom WordPress Structure?

This is working now, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.