Skip Navigation

[Resolved] fatal PHP error if i broadcast articles to other sites (multisite)

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by nicolaT-2 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Changing the status of the ticket.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I would like to update you that we just got a positive reply from the plugin author and we will work together to try to fix this issue. Please note that there is no ETA on it.

I have no success replicating this on a clean install, making it difficult to narrow where the issue is.
The plugin (Broadcast) uses outdated ways to check upon Toolset Data. This is a general problem (it will fail in other sections too if working with Toolset), and I have informed the author of that, you should ask them to fix this if you require both plugins to work fine.

I extended offers to cooperate and will share Toolset Copes with the author, however reading the code after a few hours debugging it, I cannot tell Toolset does things wrong, rather, the plugin requires an update as Toolset's code changed over the years.
The Plugin, however, integrates a massive range of plugins and features, so I am not sure how fast the author can react here.

As of now, I can A) not replicate this after removing Post Fields, and reactivating them, as well as remove and then recreate the Post Relationships.
After that, even on your Duplicate, all works fine.

So that could be a solution, for now, to try that on a staging site.
Until the plugins work again with each other it may take a larger time.

Thank you very much vor investigating the issue deeply. I will try to recreate fields and relations and see if it helps. I hope the broadcast plugin will be updated early. Until then i just want say thanks!

Hi, I'm having a similar issue after the last update, one week ago, of Toolset and Broadcast plugins. In my multisite hidden link I get an error when I save a post after unlinking it to a previously linked child blog. The opposite action instead - adding a broadcast to a previously unlinked child blog - gives no issues. Are you still in contact with Broadcast's plugin author to solve these recent compatibility issues?

Here is the WP_debug error message if it can be helpful:

Notice: Constant WP_POST_REVISIONS already defined in /www/wp-content/plugins/perfmatters/inc/functions.php on line 267 Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: incorrect post type in /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/post.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /www/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/group/repeatable/service.php(605): Toolset_Field_Group_Post->__construct(Object(WP_Post)) #1 /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/post_factory.php(409): Types_Field_Group_Repeatable_Service->group_contains_rfg_or_prf(141) #2 [internal function]: Toolset_Field_Group_Post_Factory->{closure}(Object(OTGS\Toolset\Common\Field\Group\GroupDisplayResult)) #3 /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/post_factory.php(286): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure)) #4 /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/post_factory.php(458): Toolset_Field_Group_Post_Factory->filter_groups(Array, Array, Array) #5 /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/i in /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/post.php on line 69
The website is having technical issues. Check the site administrator's inbox for instructions.

Thanks,
Nicola

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.