Skip Navigation

[Resolved] FATAL ERROR related to WPML when it isn't installed

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:
Use Views
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Any post only happens in Admin though
I expected to see:
No error on saving.
Instead, I got:
When saving any post: Fatal error: Call to a member function get_language_for_element() on null in /homepages/16/d264773106/htdocs/ xxx [domain name is here] /wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/wpml.php on line 521

xxxx
My apologies. I opened this same support ticket months ago and have just been living with this annoying problem but I need it fixed and I can't find the prior ticket in a search. I am NOT using WPML. It broke functionality of global feature of Divi Library. But it "might" have been temporarily installed on this multisite install with the issue when I initially created it. But it would have been removed shortly after installation of the multisite. It would seem to me that uninstalling your sister plug-in (WPML) would remove all remnants of the program without crippling Toolset plugins. I'd prefer not to have to meddle with my database. I love Toolset. I hate WPML. Let's find a fix please ...

Hi, here's the other ticket for reference: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fatal-error-attempting-duplicate-post-with-polylang-containing-ts-shortcodes/

From Beda:

It seems you have a Parent/Child Relationship with Posts or even a Many to Many relationships.
And then, you have translated those Posts and as well the Relationships.

After, you have disabled WPML without removing the Translations.

Now, Types is expecting an existing content that is not "mapped" anymore.

Please perform a full backup of your FTP and Database.
Then head to the Database and delete all tables that have the "icl_" prefix.

Test the issue again.

If the issue is not resolved, I'll probably need to login and create a clone of your site. Private reply fields enabled here.

My apologies. I wanted to confirm with POLYLANG that delete those tables in the database would not cause an issue. I will attempt the remedy and will confirm results in a few days.

Sure, I will mark this ticket as pending an update from you and we can pick up when you are ready. No need to reply right now, the ticket will remain open for 30 days.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.