Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal Error on RWMB_Loader after activating VIEWS

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When activating Views, I am shown a PHP fatal error: Fatal error: Cannot declare class RWMB_Loader, because the name is already in use in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/metaboxes/inc/loader.php on line 13

Solution: Update to Views 2.5.2 to receive the code fix for this issue.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ole 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Ole

I am trying to: Activate Views Plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: My Website

Instead, I got: Fatal error: Cannot declare class RWMB_Loader, because the name is already in use in /homepages/12/d17140019/htdocs/website_2018/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/metaboxes/inc/loader.php on line 13

Hi, I would be glad to help with this. I'm not familiar with the Enar theme, so please try these troubleshooting steps first:
- If you are locked out of wp-admin, log in using FTP and rename the Views plugin folder to deactivate it. The folder can be found at wp-content/plugins/wp-views. Then you should regain access to your admin area.
- Temporarily deactivate all other plugins except Types
- Temporarily activate the parent theme
- Try to activate Views again. If the same error appears, then we know there is a conflict between Toolset and the Enar theme. I don't have a copy to test with, so I will need you to upload a zip file of the theme somewhere like Dropbox or Drive, so I can install it and test things out.
- If the same error does not appear, reactivate your child theme and plugins one by one until the conflict reappears.

I will activate private reply fields here so you can share a download link in confidence.

Okay thanks for the extra information. I'm able to replicate the same fatal error on my end, and I'm also seeing quite a few notices and warnings generated by your theme even without Views active:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_ads has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/ads.php on line 8

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_author_box_widget has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/author_box.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_custom_categories has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/categories.php on line 7

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_custom_text_widget has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/custom_text.php on line 6

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_custom_video_widget has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/custom_video.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; RM_Flickr has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/flickr.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_newsletter_widget has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/newsletter.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_portfolio_widget has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/portfolio-cats.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_posts has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/posts.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_posts_slider has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/posts_slider.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_social_links has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/social_links.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_tabs_posts has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/tabs.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; idealtheme_tag_cloud has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/tag_cloud.php on line 2

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MCAPI has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/inc/mailchimp/Mailchimp.class.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/ads.php:8) in /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/options/ReduxFramework/ReduxCore/inc/class.redux_functions.php on line 56

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/to/wp-content/themes/enar/theme-admin/widgets/ads.php:8) in /path/to/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1114

[/php]
If you are not logging warnings, this could be easy to miss. I don't know for sure if the fatal error is related, but my 2nd tier support team will investigate a bit more. I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi, our developers have offered a temporary solution I would like to share:
–The issue is in wp-content\plugins\wp-views\embedded\inc\third-party\wpv-framework-api.php line 1074

class_exists( $thiz_present )

–This can be fixed be preventing the class autoload to be called
–The code should be:

class_exists( $thiz_present,false )

Please let me know how this works for you.

Another update - our developers have decided to include this solution in our next release of the Views plugin, so the workaround should not be required after the next release is installed.

Hi, please find the permanent fix for this issue included in the latest release - Views 2.5.2. After updating, the workaround code should no longer be required. Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue after updating to the latest version of Views.

Ole

Works perfectly now, thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.