Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error: not able to add or edit CPT

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pierreV-2 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: edit or add new posts but I get the following message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 578730427770995456 bytes) in /home/traveln9/public_html/sportidoo.com/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/bootstrap.php on line 39

Any idea what could be the reason?
I did move my website yesterday to a new domain (though I managed to edit after that) and upgraded to newest PHP (had some issues with it but they were resolved).

Thanks,

Pierre

I was going to contact my hosting company for the same issue but notice that even for non-CPT (page, post), I have the same error report (Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 578730427770995456 bytes) in /home/traveln9/public_html/sportidoo.com/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/bootstrap.php on line 39).

I guess in that case that Types would be the issue.

This can be due to a large number of Fields, Taxonomies, Posts or similar.

I suggest to:

1. Check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

2. Check that your server fullfills this requirements minimally (note that on larger data structures this must be greater:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

3. Contact the Server Administrator and ask for a Server Debug Log.
Perhaps this would tell us more.

If all this does not lead to any satisfying result, please provide me a snapshot of this site.
I can then counterproof if it is a Server issue or a Plugin issue.
Please follow these instructions in that case:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I forgot to attach the error log, how can I send you a private message?

though when I switched to 2017 theme, I was able again the create a new post wherever wasn't working before.

So the issue is solved when you do not use AVADA?

Then the issue is specifically due to the mix of Types and AVADA.
Please, can you confirm this?

My PHP has been upgraded to the latest version yesterday, in case that can be relevant (though have been able to add posts after the upgrade).

So at what point exactly started the issue?
Not after an update?

Then it is most certainly due to the amount of data.
In that case, nothing else but increasing the values will help.
Also, in case you added wpv-conditionals somewhere, before that happened, please try to remove them
Sometimes they get in an infinite Loop.
The same goes for Post Bodies called within Post Bodies, this produces Infinite Loops and "screws" the values of execution time, allowed memory size, and so on.

And this confirms what I suspect (Server issue):

I tried using it on Thursday when I moved my website to another domain and it never worked (kept on blocking).

Most probably this new host is not optimally made for WordPress.

If it's possible, can you send me the Duplicator Package?
If not, please send me a copy of your Database and FTP WordPress install, I can also work with that.

The Private reply is enabled again.

"Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.", on /wp-admin.

Are you sure above log-in data is for an Admin?

I need to see what happens on the site, if possible.

I am also downloading an AVADA copy, to test this myself.

Can you meanwhile provide me new access data?

Thank you.

On your site, when I try to add a new Post, I get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method WP_Installer::roduces support for a long-awaited feature, which is the ability to charge payments with CRED forms, making it easy to create sites with user subscriptions. Integration with CRED Commerce 1.0 enables the user to create a membership website with subscription forms and payment checkout. This version also improves stability and offers other new features.<h4>1.4.2.2</h4>Fixed an issue when cred_show_group shortcodes are used in a form.<h4>1.4.2.1</h4><ul> <li>Added a new section to the CRED form editor, which explains front-end form permissions control.</li> <li>Fixed an issue with email notifications set to be sent when a value of selected Custom Field changes.</li> <li>Fixed an issue when multiple cred_show_group shortcodes are used in a form.</li> <li>Fixed an error that was happening when email notifications were added to a User Form.</li> </ul><h4>1.4.2</h4><ul> <li>Added a new CRED menu page called "Cred User Fields", which is where users in /home/traveln9/public_html/sportidoo.com/wp-content/plugins/types/library/otgs/installer/includes/installer.class.php on line 492

This is extremely strange, and not related to the error you mentioned initially at all.

It seems some change-log data gets pulled to the error 🙁

I see that you still have a lot of Plugins active there.

Are you sure these errors are not solved with Toolset Only?

Because locally, that does not happen with the AVADA theme, and all required Plugins.

I suspect this is another conflict, or a server issue.

I have tried by disabling all plugins and the problem remained.
The only time I didn't have it, was when changing theme.
Now, every time I add now posts (and I do have to add quite a few), I change the theme.

I didn't have the issue prior to last Friday.

When I deactivate most plugins (left the Toolset, contact forms, Simple membership,..) just now, and add a new post, I get the following message:

Fatal error: Interface 'Toolset_User_Editors_Manager_Interface' not found in /home/traveln9/public_html/sportidoo.com/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/user-editors/manager.php on line 15

When on top of those, I deactivate the Simple Membership plugins, I get the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 148636414249009256 bytes) in /home/traveln9/public_html/sportidoo.com/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php on line 285

Almost every time it's something different.

I disabled all plugins (except Fusion & Toolset), I manage to edit a new post, but when publishing it I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4194885767197254624 bytes) in /home/traveln9/public_html/sportidoo.com/wp-content/plugins/types/library/otgs/installer/includes/installer.class.php on line 692

OK, this is almost impossibly a Toolset problem as I cannot replicate this.

It must be due to the server as well, or some other thing.

I need a copy of this site, or at least a FTP/Database.

The FTP you provided earlier does not work for me, it leads to an empty FTP file.

Can you double-check that as well?

Then I can try to grab the FTP files, the Database you sent already.

Then at least we can try to exclude server issues and other things.

Thank you

Yes, please try to re-install Plugin and Theme from a fresh copy.

Then, if it's not solved, please provide me the FTP, so I can try to spot the real issue behind all those errors.

blank screen, absolutely nothing on it.

There must be an Error either in the console or in the WP Debug.

Either way I now need a Site's Snapshot or the FTP and database
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The FTP, as mentioned, does not work:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fatal-error-not-able-to-add-or-edit-cpt/#post-541891

Please bare in mind that the error you get from Duplicator is closely related to this one reported here.
This is most likely an issue with the Server blocking your site/throttling it.

Thank you.

Dear Beda,

I've returned for the 3rd time to my host for these issues and I finally had someone who could help me.

It seems that Avada doesn't work well with php 7. I had to find the right support rep to be able to help me on this.
I'm quite frustrated it took so long to find out.... At least now, I know not to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading.
I'm really sorry to having bugged you with this.
Thanks again for your great support! Much appreciated!

OK, I see the contents now, but the server does not seem to support ZIP so I could download those files fast.

Can you zip the entire public_html and send it to me via Google Drive?
Google Drive lets you share folders with me, by checking the option "Share with anyone who has this link".
I will enable a private reply for that.

I am sorry the time waste here. We will solve this ASAP as soon I have all the data.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.