Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error message displays after usin Views Training Course-P7: Custom search

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 ā€“ 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I am trying to: Using the Views Training Course - Part 7: Custom search tutorial I am trying to Create an Advanced Search page where customers can search for art by category, artist, title(custom field), keywords(tags), primary colors,

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a search area that will allow selections by: Category(dropdown), Artist(dropdown), Keywords(tags-as a text entry field), Primary Color(checkboxes),

Instead, I got:Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in ...wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1851

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Basically - based on the error you shared, this looks like there is not enough memory on your server.

I need FTP access details, I tried to use wp-admin access details but its not working. Could you please confirm:
- FTP Host
- username
- password
- port (if any)

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - I suspect there is infinite loop going on somewhere in your code.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

That's not something we are willing to do at this point. This website is almost done...I can't go back to the beginning. That would mean wasting a ridiculous amount of hours.

Hi Veronica,

Iā€™m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader.

I've checked the ticket and checked your website. the issue happens when you select the (products) custom post type in the Content Selection section in the (View Products) View.

For example, if you selected posts, the page will load normally.

Actually this is weird because this is not a bug that we have in our products neither a common issue.

That's why Minesh asked you to disable all non-Toolset plugins and activate a default theme.
We ask our clients to do this step when we thing that it would be a compatibility issue with some plugin or with the active theme.
And the compatibility issues are being handled in a different way rather than the bugs or the how-tos issues.

Anyway, I can do that for you.You can prepare a test site where the issue is replicated and then I can go and do the tests there.
Or, you can prepare a copy of your website, upload it to an uploading platform, provide me the download link in a provate reply. and then I can check and debug the issue on my localhost then share the solution with you.

I will set the next reply as a private one in case you decided to provide me this information.

Anyway, I took the ticket to my queue to be the responsible of it. I can reopen the ticket if you want, just let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Veronica,

I'm very sorry for this delay. actually, I missed the email notification of this ticket because its status is resolved but anyway, this is my bad and please accept my apologies.

Please let me know if you still need assistance.

updating the status.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.