Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error: Allowed memory size

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer's wordpress was giving the " Fatal error: Allowed memory size".

Solution:

The solution to this is to increate you wordpress allowed memory. To do this follow the instructions in the link below.
https://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.09 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Brandon 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Login to WP Admin

I visited this URL:

hidden link

I expected to see: WP Dashboard

Instead, I got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75 bytes) in /home/accountj/public_html/microsoftfinancialsoftware.com/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.assets.manager.class.php on line 16

Web Host provides PHP memory_limit = 128M, well above the aforementioned 67MB, verified here:

hidden link

I tried adding the following to wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

Thoughts?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you let me know when this issue started occurring ?

This could be attributed the amount of plugins you have installed . You can try increasing your memory to 256mb and see if that helps.

To increase your memory please follow the instructions in the link below.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

WEb host was apply memory_limit to just the root folder, and not the child folders. It works now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.