Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Faster multi image upload

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulS-9 8 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Capture.JPG

I am trying to: upload many images faster

Each of my posts has about 15 images being attached to it using the types image upload custom field and the standard interface within types to upload these images is rather slow (see attached image). Is there a way to upload all the images I want for that post and add them all in one go?

This would save me hours of time uploading these images if I could just mass upload and mass add rather than clicking each one.

Granted I could be missing something really obvious but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Paul

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

I understand you have a Image Custom Field which is repeatable, right?
Well, even if you have many different Image Custom Fields, you will still need to set a image for each Field, whether it is a new field or a repeatable instance of the same field.

You can not "bulk upload" and "bulk assign" your images to each custom field, whether new or repeatable, exactly due to this reason.

You must somehow tell WordPress to which field which image belongs.

It's like Featured images, here it's similar, as you can't bulk upload some Featured Images and then set DIFFERENT featured images for DIFFERENT posts, in bulk.
You must do this in a "singular" way, as you must tell for each post, which specific image you want as featured image.

What you could do to speed up above process a bit is to upload your Images with the Media Uploader in Dashboard > Media > New, and then just select the images instead of uploading them within your Custom Fields

I hope I explained this in understandable manner.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you

Figured this would be the case.

Thanks

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.