Skip Navigation

[Resolved] EXTRA/DIVI and WooCommerce product description problem

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
problem-4-3.jpg
problem-4-2.jpg
problem-4-1.jpg

I'm using the EXTRA theme, similar to DIVI, I also have installed Toolset.
The description is not displayed now on WooCommerce products. I have tried to correct it with 'WooCommerce Views', but I have not been able to. How can I do to see the description again as it looked when Toolset was not installed?
Look at the screenshots.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Francisco R.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

layout 1.png

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

This is because of Layout plugin, please confirm that the selected options are correct in Toolset >> Settings >> Layouts >> What to display if no layout is assigned to content (see attached screenshot)

OR if you are not using Layouts on your site then please deactivate Layouts Plugin.

Thank you

Hi Noman,

I have the option that you indicate selected, but it does not work.
hidden link
What else can I do?

Another thing, why no one answers this ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/extra-theme-and-toolset-serious-problems/page/2/#post-536131
I send new messages and nobody answers me.
It is very urgent for me.
I have to know what you are going to do or if I have to ask for a refund of my money and buy another different product.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Francisco R.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Francisco,

The other issue that you have reported in another ticket is escalated to development team and is under consideration. Beda will most likely reply you soon over there.

Can you please confirm me that this description problem is different than what you were reported in the other ticket? That ticket is in Spanish so I can’t exactly differentiate the problem.

If it's different one, then I would need to request temporary website WP-admin and FTP info for your site to debug further and to help in resolving this.

Thank you

Yes. Is different.

Noman
Supporter

Okay, please send us temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [Layout] Edit Screen if there is any and [Page link] where the problem appears.

Looking forward to help you, Thank you

Anything new?
Thanks.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Francisco,

I am working on this issue and will get back to you soon with an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Francisco,

- I have debugged and resolved this issue by installing and activating Toolset Divi Integration plugin and now the Products description area shows the normal text content, please check and confirm:
hidden link
hidden link

I downloaded Toolset Divi Integration plugin from the Downloads page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

- I deactivated and re-activated certain plugins and themes during debug process, so please take a look to ensure that all needed plugins for your site are activated, just incase if I missed any plugin.

Although Extra theme is different than the Divi theme but looks like Elegant Themes used same classes and structure for both the themes which is why Toolset Divi Integration plugin is solving the problem in this case. I am going to test this further in my test site to reproduce and then report this issue ahead. Toolset Layouts plugin is attempting to get rid of integration plugins in future and making all the features packed into Layouts.

Thank you

problem-2-2.jpg
problem-2-1.jpg
problem-3-2.jpg
problem-3-1.jpg

I did not install the plugin because according to your blog it was no longer necessary.
However, there are 2 woocommerce store-related issues.

1) There is an issue related to Toolset Layouts and the web store page.
hidden link
On the store page, when Toolset Layouts is active, the language change (WPML) menu option disappears. If I turn off the Toolset Layouts plugins it shows again.

2) Within the WooCommerce store page I use the DIVI Store module to view the products.
Before it worked correctly, but now, when I switch to the secondary language, that is, English, the page is shown empty, without the products.
hidden link
hidden link
But now, I have active or inactive Toolset the problem persists.

Look at the screenshots.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Francisco R.

Noman
Supporter

Yes, you are right about it, Integration plugins are not needed but that looks like a bug and there are some things missing in the Layouts update which caused this issue.

The other 2 issues that you have reported are separate than the original problem with Description and layouts. Please kindly open a new ticket for these. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, I am not allowed to handle multiple issues in the same ticket. (I tried to take a look to see if there is some basic settings are wrong but it appears to be correct.)

Thank you

That is not efficient, since you already have access to my dashboard and it is related to the shopping cart. If I open a new ticket the resolution times are increased, first assigning a new support person, then giving the access data again ..... It is not efficient at all.
But if I have to, I will.
Thanks for your help Noman.

Noman
Supporter

Yes please a new ticket is required for those issues. Another reason for that is I am at end of my working day at moment so if you create a new ticket our other support persons will be able to look into it a lot earlier than I can. You can share this ticket URL with the workaround solution we are using and mention that WP admin logins are in this thread (our team members will be able to get login info from this same ticket):

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/extradivi-and-woocommerce-product-description-problem/#post-536783

I have now also escalated the description and layouts issue with Extra Theme to our 2nd Tier support for further review.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.