Skip Navigation

[Closed] Exporting Custom post types with related posts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Trying to generate a CSV containing custom posts of parent post type and connections to related child posts.

With the old toolset relationships approach I could export posts of one post type and also the id number of related posts of another post type. I used WPallexport pro.. and added "wpcf_belongs" in the list of fields to export.

I have migrated across to the new relationships and would like to be able to do the equivalent but it doesn't look like it is possible with WPAllexport any more as I don't think the relationships data is stored as a field of the parent custom post type.

Any suggestions as to how I can do this.

Cheers

Peter

Hi, the new system is designed to export post relationships along with the standard WordPress export file (Tools > Export). Those post relationships are actually converted into custom fields in the export file using a standard postmeta key syntax _toolset_associations_{relationship-slug}. So if you imported that export into a test site, you would find those post relationships represented in the imported postmeta field values. Then you could export from that site using WPAllExport Pro and access those generated postmeta values, in theory. I would try that first to see if it produces the results you're looking for. I'm not sure if WPAllExport Pro can access postmeta keys that start with an _, those are usually hidden keys. Hopefully it's smart enough to find those.

The topic ‘[Closed] Exporting Custom post types with related posts’ is closed to new replies.