Skip Navigation

[Resolved] error when using types and views

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Error when using types and views

Solution:
When you face any error using types and views, the first step is to try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third party plugins and check with default theme.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraL-2 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 17.51.13.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 17.49.31.png

I have installed the types and views plugins on my site hidden link but when I try to do anything e.g. add a view it says 'error' - see 1st screenshot.

I have tried to link my site to the toolset account by using the site key but in the Plugin > commercial >Toolset section it says:

'Subscription expired. You need to either purchase a new subscription or upgrade if available' - see 2nd screenshot.

I have tried removing the the subscription and setting a new site key but the same message appears.

Thanks,

Laura

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please confirm your subscription information?

2)
Could you please regenerate a new site key and send it to me.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I consult our developers regarding this issue and they are going to fix this issue as soon as possible.

For now, if you want to update Toolset plugins, you need to follow manual way. Download Toolset plugins from your account and upload it to your site.

Hi Minesh,

That's fine about updating the plugins manually. I still can't access or do anything with the types or views plugin as it keeps coming up with 'error'.

Thanks,

Laura

Minesh
Supporter

your wp-admin access details are not working at this end. Could you please resend it to me.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked the things on your install.

When I tried to create a new view I get following error message on browser console:

NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - <em><u>hidden link</u></em>"

I suggest:
1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Try to resolve your issue by installing only Toolset plugins with default theme on different server

Hi Minesh,

I found the plugin that was causing the issue and now the error message has gone. I’m still having problems though! I created a table to display some of my products. I have successfully created the shop archive page see here: hidden link

But I also want a table with a filter above that I can insert into a page. I have created a table using ‘views’ and inserted the ‘view’ into a page but the page is just blank, see here: hidden link

I have deactivated all plugins except woocommerce, the toolset plugins and maintenance mode. I have also put the site into the default twenty sixteen theme, so I can’t see that these would be causing a conflict.

Laura

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to hear that your is fixed and you can use not types and views plugins.

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question? This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you for understanding.

The table appears on the page now. I think I got down to the problem, I have alot of products and I hadn't set up the pagnation in the views, once I did the table displayed.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.