Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error updating views version 2.0

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cristianN 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to install the new version of Toolset Views (v 2..2.1) from version 2.0 but I cannot doit. Everytime I tried to update the plugin, my website stop working for several minutes. After an error message, the plugin, still remains in version 2.0.
The problem is that after 3 tries to install the new version with no success the plugin does not work properly. I cannot modify my views or content templates, I mean I cannot edit html or css code.

I need some help with this issue, please.

Thank you

Cristian Nicolas

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Cristian

I suspect the issue may have arisen because of skipping versions rather than updating incrementally.

Before updating plugins please make sure you have a current backup.

If your Views is no longer working then I think you may need to delete the current plugin files and then install the new version of Views, making sure that your other Toolset plugins are also up to date.

If you have problems updating via the list of Toolset plugins on the commercial tab of the Add new plugins page, then you could download the zip file from wp-types.com/my-account/downloads and then manually install it using the Upload button on the add new plugins page.

If you have any problems then please let me know.

Thank you for your answer Nigel, that resolved my problem

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.