Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error showing on page with the edit form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for waiting.

Unfortunately, despite very careful testing, I'm not able to reproduce this issue any where other than your actual website.

Would it be possible for you to share the FTP access details for the website? This will help in some onsite debugging.

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

Waqar
Supporter

The FTP access details work, thank you.

I'll share whatever I'll find after this debugging.

Waqar
Supporter

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be resuming some further debugging and investigation in this matter, as we had a busy queue over the weekend.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

After doing some tests on a couple of different server environments, I can conclude that the issue seems to be a conflict with the WordPress preview screen and the Access plugin, for website's hosted at WordPress.com.
( this is not specific to form edit link as you'll see the same error if you try to preview the drafted page "Research" )

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated with the progress.

Hi Waqar !

Thanks a lot for all your researches !
I hope your team will be able to find a fix very soon.
Have a nice day !

Waqar
Supporter

I'm happy to update you that this will be fixed in the upcoming 2.8.10 release of Toolset Access.

Meanwhile, you can also use the updated "post_preview.php" file from the following link to replace the one on your website in the folder: /types-access/application/controllers/filters
hidden link

Hi Waqar !

That's a good news ! I'll try that.
Thank you very much for your help !

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that a fix for this issue was covered in Toolset Access 2.8.10.

You're welcome to update and let us know, in case you still experience something out of place.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.