Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error Message: Undefined variable

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicholas 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello Toolset!

I get this error message when I display my post form on a page.

Notice: Undefined variable: data_value in /www/htdocs/w013a313/weidefarm.de/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php on line 3331

What does this mean and how can I fix this problem?

Thank your for your help and have a nice day.

Nicholas

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nicholas

This message is a PHP warning notice rather than an error, which means that the form may still function as expected, even though it points to some issue in the code.

Could you first verify if your form still works?

In your wp-config.php file at the root of your site there is a line which sets a debugging flag. If you set this to false the message should disappear. The line you are looking for is:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

We still need to identify the cause of the notice, though.

We would need to rule out some conflict arising from either your theme or another of your plugins. Try switching to a default theme such as twentysixteen and re-test. Then de-activate all non-Toolset plugins and see if that solves the issue. If so, you can identify which plugin is causing a conflict by re-activating your plugins one-by-one and re-testing each time, which you may want to do in batches if you have a lot of plugins.

Let me know what you find and then I can advise you on what to do next.

Thank you Nigel!

I did everthying you said and the message now disappeared. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.