Skip Navigation

[Closed] Error message [function.preg-replace]

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by yuri.s 8 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: yuri.s.

Author

I am trying to: display posts created in types

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the custom post as built

Instead, I got:
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 'a' in /home/fhlinux140/o/owenwhitemanagement.com/user/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/includes/fields/wysiwyg.php on line 155

NOTES:
This problem is very perplexing. the key features are:

1. It only happens SOMEtimes, but the error message is always the same. Last night, the effected posts were failing to load, this morning they were fine, this evening they were gone again.

2. I have traced the triggering of the problem to a conflict with the WordPress Youtube Channel Gallery plugin. At the times of day when the error is displaying, if I deactivate that plugin, the error ceases.

3. I think this problem dates to around the same time that my WordPress Scheduler stopped working - my automatic back-ups are not occurring at present, and i have to manually trigger them (updraft plugin) myself.

nevertheless the error message itself (above) appears to suggest that the root problem is a simple error in coding performed within the types plugin.

Any suggestions gratefully received, I am stumped. i do have a coder working for me on this site, so if there are problems in the coding and corrections to be instituted I can arrange for that to take place.

Chris

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support forum,

This issue is a duplicate one , Please read this thread : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/front-end-warning-from-wysiwyg-php/ . It's solved in the second page : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/front-end-warning-from-wysiwyg-php/page/2/

Can you please edit such post where you find this issue, and replace the word "playlist" with some other suitable word? This will fix the issue for the time being.

Please let me know if this solved the problem.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for this information. Unfortunately the instance of the word 'playlist' is in the shortcode driving my youtube gallery, its an attribute value, so there is no alternative word i can use. The forum post you referred to mentioned that this issue was going to be fixed in the next release, back in june, but i have updated types to the current version, and the problem is still occurring.

Hello Christopher,

It seems that this is a different issue,
Could you please share the WYSWYG content ?

Thanks.

hi, i can confirm that its the incidence of the word playlist in my shortcode with which types is conflicting: when i alter the shortcode to simply show the entire youtube channel, rather than just one playlist, thus removing the word playlist from the shorcode, the error is resolved. However this renders the content unusable, as each custom post created in types on my site has a different youtube gallery in it, and each of those galleries displays a different playlist.

so to clarify what i mean. If the page contains shortcode such as this
[Youtube_Channel_Gallery feed="playlist" user="PL3PqC7sfa-rpfU4C3gKQJtMmc8cXlaG8h" key="AIzaSyC6kL1Sg7mlTJZZa4z780zdjRGmIBF15iw" player="2" theme="light" color="white" autoplay="0" rel="0" showinfo="0" maxitems="9" thumb_width="180" thum_bratio="16x9" thumb_columns_ld="3" title="1" description="0" descriptionwordsnumber="6" title_tag="h6" cache="0" link="0" promotion="0"]

then the page crashes and the error reproduced at the start of this thread appears.

hidden link

whereas if I alter the shortcode to this
[Youtube_Channel_Gallery feed="user" identify_by= "channelid" user="UCH6XAhtbX1-1O2b1kH7a-jg" key="AIzaSyC6kL1Sg7mlTJZZa4z780zdjRGmIBF15iw" player="2" theme="light" color="white" autoplay="0" rel="0" showinfo="0" maxitems="9" thumb_width="180" thumb_ratio="16x9" thumb_columns_ld="3" title="1" description="0" description_words_number="6" title_tag="h6" cache="0" link="0" promotion="0”]

the page displays fine (but of course now with the wrong youtube content)

hidden link

Hello Christopher,

I will escalate the issue to our second tier support team and one of them will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Just keep following up with this thread.

Thanks.

Thanks, please note i haven now deactivated the plugin creating the youtube galleries, until this issue can be fixed, so that my posts still display in the interim

Hi,

I stumbled over the same problem, just the (common) word "playlist" has created this error message.
The linked post from the paid support forum is dated from June 2015. Do you think this will be fixed in a nearby types version?

Hi Olaf ,

Of course it will be fixed , We are working hard to fix any issue that our clients report. And I already escalated the issue to our second tier support team. Just keep following this thread .

Also I will inform you if any updates take place.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work, Types becomes more and more an important part of many websites I build 🙂

Hi Christopher, Mohammed escalated this issue to me.

I need to replicate this issue locally using the plugin that manages the shortcode for the Youtube gallery. Would you mind pointing it's URL to me? If its a paid plugin you can send it to me via the file field in this thread.

Regards,
Yuri.

Hi Yuri

The plugin i am using in this one, https://wordpress.org/plugins/youtube-channel-gallery/

Its a free one.

However, it was mentioned in a previous thread on here, and in Olaf's comment above, that the issue occurs whenever the term playlist is used in a custom post, regardless of context.

All best
Chris

Hi Christopher, unfortunately I was not able to replicate this issue using a clean install of Views/Types/YoutubeChannelGallery/TwentyFifteen.

Wold you be able to give me temporary admin access to your site? If you wish, a duplicator package would be even better since I would be able to debug this locally without interfering with your actual environment. You can download Duplicator directly from WordPress at https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator

Regards,
Yuri.

Hi Yuri

Its no trouble to access the admin of the site, but i think this is a public forum thread. How do i send you a private message with the login details?

Chris

Hi Christopher,

I have set the next reply as private one, This means that only me, you and Yuri can see this reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Error message [function.preg-replace]’ is closed to new replies.